Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) is a familiar name for every household. With the shape of a fine white powder, they have a series of great uses in cooking, hygiene, and especially in health.
Today, they are increasingly used as a useful ingredient in health care, but since then, it has also raised the question, “What are the side effects of drinking baking soda and water?”. If you are also interested in this issue, continue reading!
Answer: What Are The Side Effects Of Drinking Baking Soda And Water?
Many people may not believe that a product that looks like a white powder commonly used for kitchen tasks also doubles as a remedy to drink into the body. Such a “super” product could only be sodium bicarbonate.
You can mix about half of a teaspoon of this fine powder with a cup of water to drink to help improve bloating, acid reflux, and improve digestion. Although it has a beneficial effect on health, the products consumed in the body will have certain influences.
Improper intake of this dissolved water can lead to many weighty side effects such as:
- Drinking too quickly will cause many dangerous risks.
- Drinking while being full can cause a digestive system breakdown.
- Consuming a large amount of sodium bicarbonate is linked to vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration, stomach cramps, and even poisoning.
How Should Baking Soda Be Used To Avoid Bad Effects?
Although sodium bicarbonate offers a wide range of health benefits, it is important to consume it in the right dosage if you do not want to have worse problems. Immediately refer to the following notes to use them most appropriately:
- Adults (not pregnant) can take about half a teaspoon of baking soda with a glass of fresh water to relieve symptoms of indigestion.
- People over 60 should not consume more than 1-½ tsp a day.
- You should not use this powder if you are on a low-sodium diet.
- Please do not use it more than two times a week.
- Do not overdo them and see them as a potential solution.
- You should buy “OTC” indigestion products at drug stores or contact your doctor for more specialized medical care.
- Those who are in the process of using drugs, are pregnant, or have some underlying medical conditions should consult a doctor before use.
How Do You Deal With Drinking Too Much Baking Soda?
When sodium bicarbonate enters the body, it will cause the body to draw water into the digestive system to balance it, so a series of symptoms of vomiting, convulsions, and shallow breathing may take place.
This problem will gradually become serious if you do not get treatment in time. Therefore, please immediately contact the nearest medical facility or other medical agencies for the earliest treatment.
Answer Related Queries
Does Baking Soda Have Any Side Effects On Acid Reflux?
You can temporarily utilize this fine powder to cure acid reflux, but it will also bring unwanted side impacts such as gas, diarrhea, stomach pain, and nausea.
If you use it in excess and for a long time, it can lead to more dangerous conditions. These negative signs can include hypernatremia, kidney disease, heart failure, muscle weakness, and other dangerous symptoms.
Can Baking Soda Or Sodium Bicarbonate Increase Blood Pressure?
Despite many great features, sodium bicarbonate will not be suitable for subjects with high blood pressure because it will increase that level. In case you have unstable blood pressure, it is best not to use this type to worsen the condition.
What are the side effects of drinking baking soda and water? Now, you must have known the answers. We hope to help you get the most out of this fine powder. You should research carefully or contact your doctor to get the most scientific feedback if you do not want to suffer from the bad effects of sodium bicarbonate.
Please save or note our shares so that you can easily review them when needed!